Zoll AED Plus® – Semi Automatic
Zoll AED Plus is the most common AED used in Western Australia. This AED unit is equipped with the CPR feedback technology which is the most important factor in choosing the right defibrillator. When a cardiac arrest occurs, the fact is that only half of the victims will need a shock. But all will require cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
You deserve an automated external defibrillator (AED) that helps you all the time. And, only one AED can actually see when you are doing CPR and help you do it well. You need more than just commands, without assistance. That’s not smart, and it’s certainly not help.
ZOLL’s AED Plus® features Real CPR Help®, a CPR feedback tool that is able to actually see what you are doing and provide feedback to help you do it well. Audio and visual prompts help you rescue with confidence and clarity unmatched by any other AED.
- Not pushing hard enough? It will tell you when to push harder.
- Pushing hard enough? It will say, “Good compressions.”
- Not pushing fast enough? A metronome will lead you to the right rate.
- It will even show you the depth of each compression. In real time.
- Not yet started? The AED Plus will tell you to get started.
- Compressions stopped? It will tell you to continue.
- A one-piece CPR-D-padz Electrode for quick, easy application. Pull-tabs expose the conductive gel on each pad only when it is in direct contact with the skin, limiting the chance of gel contamination.
- A rescue accessory package attached to every CPR-D-padz that contains items critical to a successful rescue.
- A lid that acts as a “passive airway support” to maintain the victim’s open airway.
- A back-lit display screen that provides simultaneous text with every audio prompt, and a circle of lighted graphical icons that show what to do.
- A display screen that presents the elapsed time and number of shocks delivered, critical information needed by EMS personnel when they arrive.
Measuring Chest Compression with Real CPR Help
The force required to depress the chest during CPR varies with the patient’s size and build. The standard measure of chest compression quality, however, is not force but depth. The Real CPR Help® technology in ZOLL’s CPR-D-padz® includes a hand-placement locator, an accelerometer, electronics, and a processing algorithm that work together to measure vertical displacement in space as each compression occurs.
One Size Fits All
ZOLL’s one-piece electrode design accounts for anatomical variation. Based on extensive human data, CPR-D-padz meet the anthropometric chest characteristics of 99% of the population. If needed, the lower (apex) electrode can be separated and adjusted to accommodate the remaining 1% of the population.
Affixing two separate electrode pads to the patient’s bare chest can be confusing to a lay rescuer. ZOLL’s CPR-D-padz simplify this step by guiding placement of the red crosshairs at the center of the imaginary line connecting the patient’s nipples. Once in place, the hand-locator and the two electrode pads fall naturally into optimal position for both defibrillation and CPR.
Five-Year Shelf Life
All AED electrodes transmit defibrillating electricity into the patient via metal in close contact with a salt-infused gel that is positioned between the metal and the skin. Over time, however, the salt in the gel will corrode the metal and eventually compromise electrode functionality. ZOLL’s novel electrode design includes a sacrificial element that prevents significant corrosion for five years, which is unmatched in the market today.
The latest European Resuscitation Council (ERC) Guidelines, issued in 2010, are clear: successful defibrillation requires high-quality CPR performed at the proper depth and rate. When it’s time for CPR, the AED Plus® with Real CPR Help® provides the best support to help save a life.
Fixed Rate Shipping of $49.95 Australia Wide Per Order.
Free Delivery for the Perth Metropolitan Area.